The Education sector is vital to the UK and will always need qualified and skilled staff who can inspire and unlock the potential of others, offering lots of exciting and rewarding career opportunities. Skills Group will help you realise your aspirations in Teaching and Sport Education, whether you are interested in working in primary or secondary schools as a teaching assistant or sports specialist.
As an apprentice with Skills Group, you will receive training to develop your skills and knowledge. You will benefit from ongoing support in the workplace to further develop your skills before being assessed to demonstrate your competence in the workplace.
Click on the ticks below to view full programme information.
The Teaching and Sport Education Apprenticeship routes include:
As a Teaching Assistant apprentice with Skills Group, you will receive on-the-job training and support to develop your skills and knowledge, before being assessed to demonstrate your competence.
Your programme will include:
- Learning how to engage, stimulate and encourage children and young people’s educational development
- Maintaining and developing educational learning activities
- Supporting in the development of children and young people’s behaviour
- Learning how to meet the different cultural needs of children and young people from different ethnic backgrounds
- Promoting inclusion and the equality of opportunities for all children and young people
- Supporting children and young people by promoting good health and well-being
- Learning to build professional working relationships with children, young people and adults
Skills Group also offers you the opportunity to gain some additional qualifications alongside your apprenticeship, including:
- Principles of Coaching
- Emergency First Aid
- Paediatric First Aid
Roles in this sector include:
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- PE Teaching Assistant
- PE Teacher
- Early Years Teacher