Refer A Friend Terms & Conditions
1. THE PROMOTER
1. The Promoter is Skills Group Ltd, Western Wood Way, Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 5BG. (the ‘Promoter’).
1. These standard terms and conditions (‘Terms’) constitute the entire agreement between a Learner and the Promoter with respect to the matters set forth herein, and no oral statements or prior written matter not specifically incorporated herein shall be of any force or effect at the time of entering and/or redeeming the Promotion
2. These Terms apply to the Promotion and by submitting an Entry you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD
1. To enter the promotion, you must have completed and/ or met all 4 requirements in clause 4 below (‘Entry’ and ‘Entries’ shall have the same meaning).
2. The Promoter will not accept:
i. responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
ii. proof of transmission as proof of receipt of Entry to the Promotion.
1. The Promotion is open to all Skills Group learners who have completed at least 12 weeks on an apprenticeship or full-time programme, and have met the 4 below requirements:
i. Be aged 16 or over;
ii. Referred friend must complete a minimum of 12 weeks with Skills Group on an apprenticeship or full-time programme before referrer qualifies for reward
iii. Referred friend must be a ‘new’ learner to Skills Group and have not taken part in previous programmes at Skills Group
iiii. Poor performance/behaviour from referrer may result in the reward being revoked
3. In entering the Promotion, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim a Voucher.
4. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Promotion and/or redeem a Voucher.
5. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
6. To refer a friend to Skills Group you must, complete the referral form and return it to your Learner Advisor or Trainer/Assessor before the closing date.
5. THE PROMOTION
1. The referrer will receive 1 x voucher for each qualifying referred friend they recommend to Skills Group that meet the above criteria in point 4.
2. Learners who submit an entry that meet the above criteria in point 4, will be eligible for an Amazon Voucher (‘Voucher’) to the sum of £50.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any Learner and/ or entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Promotion and/or Voucher except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
2. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Promotion, including as a result of any entrant being rewarded or not rewarded a Voucher.
7. OWNERSHIP OF PROMOTION ENTRIES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. All Promotion Entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
2. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your Entry available on its website (www.skillsgroupuk.com) and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Promotion. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
8. DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
1. If you are rewarded with a Voucher, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the same and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
2. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
3. By entering the Promotion, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the Entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the Promotion.
1. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any Entry and/ or Learner if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of these Terms or any applicable law. Each Learner acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with these Terms could lead to the Promoter disqualifying that person, without the Promoter giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
2. The Promoter reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Promotion and/or Terms and/ or a Voucher without notice and at its sole discretion where it becomes necessary to do so, including for any event that is outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes to these Terms, or cancellation of the Promotion, will be posted on the Promoter’s website (www.skillsgroupuk.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to these Terms.
3. This Promotion is subject to limited availability and will be available on a first come first served basis. Vouchers are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered for a Voucher.
4. These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Promotion), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
5. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
I just wanted to say the biggest thank you to Vanessa, my trainer. You have made my journey so much easier, I don’t know what I would have done without you. You have been amazing and helped me to achieve my qualification. You’ve guided me through every step of the way, I really appreciate it, Vanessa, you have been my rock.
I always struggled in school as I wasn’t very academic, so knew learning on the job would be a better option for me. I would find it difficult to get up for 9am but now I wake up and look forward to my day. I wanted to try a hair apprenticeship as I’ve always been interested in hairdressing, and by the end of the first week, I already loved it!
I have developed a range of new skills through work including the technical, industry skills required for the job, to personal development such as ensuring I am always on time. The biggest change since leaving school is adjusting to the independence you gain from earning a salary. My advice to anyone thinking of doing an apprenticeship would be find what you like doing, and go for it!
Since starting the apprenticeship, I’ve become far more confident. In a classroom, you only interact with your classmates, but through working you develop your people skills as you interact with customers on a daily basis. At school, you are closely monitored and parented, however I am now more independent and feel grown up
The most important thing I’ve learnt since leaving school is that there are other routes to success than just academia. I failed my GCSEs, as I never suited the school environment. Now though, I’m really enjoying my apprenticeship as I’ve discovered I learn more through hands-on practice.
I would just like to thank you and your team for all the amazing work they do, you have provided me with the most invaluable experience which has helped to pave the way of my future. The work you do for young people is incredible!