Skills Group will help you achieve your career aspirations in Automotive, so whether you are interested in vehicle maintenance, repair and/or bodywork we can help. Our full-time or apprenticeship programmes will equip you with the latest industry techniques you require to excel.
Our industry experts have devised programmes to suit all level of applicants, we’ll teach you the basics at our purpose built Plympton workshop, where you’ll gain practical knowledge to prepare you for your work placement.
Click on the ticks below to view full programme information.
Programmes Available Include
|Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
|Vehicle Body and Paint Operations – Body Repair
|Vehicle Body and Paint Operations – Refinisher
Depending on your chosen apprenticeship, you will learn about
- Diagnostic principles and logical problem-solving techniques
- Investigating vehicle faults and identifying causes
- Removing, repairing and replacing parts in line with manufacturer’s standards
- Specialist hand and power tools
- Using and interpreting data and documentation
- Health & Safety in the workplace
Roles in this sector include
- Accident repair technician
- Motor vehicle technician
- Service Manager
- Automotive engineer
- Garage owner
- MOT tester