We’re working hard to continue to provide the best possible service to all of our applicants, learners and employers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and help you to achieve your goals and aspirations.
Here are some of the measures that we’re taking to support you:
If you are applying to join a programme of learning or an apprenticeship with Skills Group:
• We are still accepting new applicants to join Skills Group and are utilising remote interview options to progress your application.
• We understand that this is a particularly confusing time for school leavers and our expert team remains available for your careers advice and guidance whatever your grades may be.
• Simply call 01752 332442, apply via the website HERE or email email@example.com and one of our friendly team will be able to discuss your options.
If you are already enrolled with Skills Group:
• Our dedicated trainers and assessors are working closely with our learners and apprentices to help them continue to make progress through online teaching and learning activities, including off-the-job training.
• We are ensuring that your qualifications can still be completed, and are working with awarding bodies to adapt how your assessments can take place where required.
• We will continue to support you to develop your career aspirations so that you can still progress onto the next level of your course or apprenticeship.
• Our Horizon Training Centre at Plympton remains open to provide a safe sanctuary for children of key workers or vulnerable learners. Safeguarding remains our top priority and any concerns can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an employer:
• Our team is available to support you throughout this unprecedented time with advice and guidance regarding apprenticeships and programmes of learning.
• We are supporting furloughed apprentices with remote off-the-job training so that they can continue their apprenticeship and make progress.
• We continue to recruit suitable applicants for apprenticeship vacancies and work experience so that they are ready to meet you as soon as business returns to normal. Our team will advertise the vacancy, process applications and hold interviews remotely to find the perfect candidate for your business.
• Please call us on 01752 332442 to discuss any concerns relating to COVID-19 and the employment of apprentices.
Get in touch
Our team is available during normal business hours to answer any questions you may have or to provide advice and guidance. Please call reception on 01752 332442 or email email@example.com.
I just wanted to say the biggest thank you to Vanessa, my trainer. You have made my journey so much easier, I don’t know what I would have done without you. You have been amazing and helped me to achieve my qualification. You’ve guided me through every step of the way, I really appreciate it, Vanessa, you have been my rock.
I always struggled in school as I wasn’t very academic, so knew learning on the job would be a better option for me. I would find it difficult to get up for 9am but now I wake up and look forward to my day. I wanted to try a hair apprenticeship as I’ve always been interested in hairdressing, and by the end of the first week, I already loved it!
I have developed a range of new skills through work including the technical, industry skills required for the job, to personal development such as ensuring I am always on time. The biggest change since leaving school is adjusting to the independence you gain from earning a salary. My advice to anyone thinking of doing an apprenticeship would be find what you like doing, and go for it!
Since starting the apprenticeship, I’ve become far more confident. In a classroom, you only interact with your classmates, but through working you develop your people skills as you interact with customers on a daily basis. At school, you are closely monitored and parented, however I am now more independent and feel grown up
The most important thing I’ve learnt since leaving school is that there are other routes to success than just academia. I failed my GCSEs, as I never suited the school environment. Now though, I’m really enjoying my apprenticeship as I’ve discovered I learn more through hands-on practice.
I would just like to thank you and your team for all the amazing work they do, you have provided me with the most invaluable experience which has helped to pave the way of my future. The work you do for young people is incredible!