An apprenticeship is a real job with training.
To get your career off the ground, you will usually find that a combination of good qualifications and work experience are required. Starting an apprenticeship will provide you with exactly that, a full time job with a salary and on-going training.
Most apprentices work between 30 – 40 hours per week for their chosen employer, with time set aside to attend training sessions weekly at Skills Group.
An apprenticeship usually lasts around 12 months, depending upon which level you are completing, the higher the level, the more skilled you become which is reflected in salary increments.
Apprenticeships are available in the following levels:
- Level 5 (Higher) which is equivalent to a foundation degree and above
- Level 4 (Higher) which is equivalent to a foundation degree and above
- Level 3 (Advanced) which is equivalent to A Levels
- Level 2 (Intermediate) which is equivalent to GCSEs
- Earn while you learn
- Paid holidays
- Relevant training from industry experts
- Learn at a pace to suit you
- Receive on-going support from a dedicated mentor
- Progress more quickly onto higher job levels, with more responsibility and a higher salary.