Groundworks Apprentice's x3
Published: May 10, 2019
An established Plymouth building company are looking to employ three Ground worker’s to join their experienced team.
The Apprentice’s Role
The successful candidates will gain experience within a construction site environment, as a Ground worker. Preforming duties such as excavations, site waste removals, foundations, engineering works, drainage, external finishing, top soil, landscaping, tarmac, kerbing, paving, concreting works, placing internal drainage and connecting external drainage. Foul and storm drainage including manholes varying in size from concrete. All general works below DPC. This role will also include general site laboring duties as required during the working day. Working on various locations in and around the Plymouth area possibly extending into Cornwall and up to Exeter area. Transport to sites further afield will be provided. This company also provides professional training and high quality work for both new residential builds and commercial projects. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of the construction environment, ideally within Groundworks or general laboring but its not essential.
Working Hours: Working hours will vary depending on location of site but generally 0800 – 1700
Wages: £156.00 per week. Any overtime above the 40 hours per week, will be paid at the appropriate national minimum wage depending on age.
Holiday: 28 days holiday entitlement, including bank holidays, will be paid each year, during the course of your apprenticeship.
Contact Details: If you have any queries please contact us on either this email address email@example.com or call us on 01752 332442.
At XCAV8 we focus on the ground works aspect of building projects / developments. From digging out and site preparation to road infrastructure and drainage. Through XCAV8 (SW) Ltd you can ensure a hassle free start to any building / development project, as we will start and prepare your site ready for the next stage. The company also help to dress and finish sites with regards to all external finishing’s i.e. tarmac, landscaping, paving etc.
Our ground works and civil engineering package includes all setting out, excavations, site waste removals, foundations, engineering works, drainage, external finishing, top soil, landscaping, tarmac, kerbing, paving, concreting works. Supply of all associated materials and plant. Fully trained and professional staff.
On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship with the company, the right candidate may have the opportunity to progress within the company.
You will need to be able to cope with the physical demands of the role. Good communication is required to work well within a small friendly team. You must always be on time and prompt with the work you carry out.
Someone looking to build a fantastic career within the Construction industry. Hard working, willing to work outside in all weathers. Transport is not essential due to local sites.
Qualifications desired for this role include GCSE's grades A* – E in Maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
The Apprenticeship Framework in Groundworks consists of:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma In Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services – Construction Operations
• Level 2 Diploma in Construction Operation – General Construction
• Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
• Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test – CSCS Test
• Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
• Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
• Laying modular pavement in the workplace
• Setting out secondary dimensional work control in the workplace
• Laying kerbs and channels in the workplace.
• Establishing work area protection and safety in the workplace
• Segregating the area for highways works in the workplace
• Preparing and mixing concrete and mortars in the workplace
• Erecting and dismantling access / working platforms in the workplace
• Placing and compacting concrete in the workplace
• Installing street ironwork in the workplace
• Preparing and operating forward tipping dumpers to receive transport and discharge materials in the workplace
• Preparing and operating ride-on rollers to compact materials in the workplace
• Preparing for and arranging and securing plant or machinery for transportation in the workplace
• Preparing to and directing and guiding the movement of vehicles, plant or machinery in the workplace
• Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace
• Preparing and operating powered units, tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace
• Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
• Providing temporary excavation support in the workplace
• Reinstating excavation and highway surfaces in the workplace
• Reinstating ground condition in the workplace.