Accounts Assistant Apprentice
Published: Mar 21, 2022
TH March are looking for a Accounts Assistant Apprentice to join their busy team in Yelverton.
The Apprentice’s Role
You will undertake designated duties within the Accounts Department in accordance with the Company’s requirements.
- Process daily bank statements and reconciliations
- Actions daily access uploads
- Allocate realex payments
- Administration of direct debits
- Processing and depositing daily cheques
- Month end reconciliations
- Provide cover for other accounting functions within the department
- Various on-line banking tasks
- Deal with telephone payments
- To maintain clients’ and the Company’s confidentiality at all times.
- To fully comply with the Company Policy on Information Security and Acceptable Use
- To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed
Working Hours: The working hours will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with an 30 minute lunch break.
Wages: National Minimum Wage will be paid, this will vary depending on age.
Holiday: 25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays) will be paid each year, during the course of your apprenticeship.
Established since 1887, T.H March are perhaps best known for being the foremost Insurance Brokers to the UK jewellery trade, offering a wide range of products to suit the needs and requirements of thousands of retailers, designers, manufacturers, makers, collectors, repairers and wearers, who are all part of the UK’s diverse and vibrant jewellery scene.
But the company’s expertise doesn’t stop there because they also arrange a wide range of commercial and personal insurance products to suit the needs and requirements of all kinds of people and organisations.
T. H. March have previously supported and taken on many apprentices through Skills Group, most of which have now progressed onto higher level apprenticeships in Business Administration or Customer Service. Many apprentices have also gone onto Team Leading and Management qualifications.
The role is progressive and the successful candidate may be able to take on more responsibility and progress within the company following successful completion of their apprenticeship.
If you have the drive to succeed you are sure to have a long lasting career with them.
- To embrace and behave in line with TH March Values
- To comply with FCA Regulations
- To comply with the FCA's Treating Customers Fairly principle including:
- Acting in an honest and open manner at all times with both clients and the Company
- Acting with integrity by demonstrating fairness and impartiality
- Demonstrating a client focussed approach
- To ensure that business transactions are conducted in a way that is clear and straightforward
- To treat everyone with dignity and respect
- To enhance your role by undertaking appropriate training and personal development courses, as required
- Excellent customer service & IT skills and telephone manner
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to gather and analyse information for the client and resolve problems
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual client's level of understanding
- Ability to identify and match products with client requirements
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply TH March values. These are embedded in all roles.
The qualifications required are GCSE grades in English and Maths A*-C (9-4), or the equivalent grades.
The Apprenticeship in Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner consists of:
You will attend monthly sessions as part of your off the job training throughout your apprenticeship. Most aspects of your training will be delivered on site by the employer, where you will gain all the skills, knowledge and experience to assist you in this role. Your duties will vary from day to day, and throughout your on site learning process you will work closely with experienced members of staff.
You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will help you and monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme
Level 2 Customer Service Apprentice
Accounts Assistant Apprentice
Customer Service Apprentice
I just wanted to say the biggest thank you to Vanessa, my trainer. You have made my journey so much easier, I don’t know what I would have done without you. You have been amazing and helped me to achieve my qualification. You’ve guided me through every step of the way, I really appreciate it, Vanessa, you have been my rock.
I always struggled in school as I wasn’t very academic, so knew learning on the job would be a better option for me. I would find it difficult to get up for 9am but now I wake up and look forward to my day. I wanted to try a hair apprenticeship as I’ve always been interested in hairdressing, and by the end of the first week, I already loved it!
I have developed a range of new skills through work including the technical, industry skills required for the job, to personal development such as ensuring I am always on time. The biggest change since leaving school is adjusting to the independence you gain from earning a salary. My advice to anyone thinking of doing an apprenticeship would be find what you like doing, and go for it!
Since starting the apprenticeship, I’ve become far more confident. In a classroom, you only interact with your classmates, but through working you develop your people skills as you interact with customers on a daily basis. At school, you are closely monitored and parented, however I am now more independent and feel grown up
The most important thing I’ve learnt since leaving school is that there are other routes to success than just academia. I failed my GCSEs, as I never suited the school environment. Now though, I’m really enjoying my apprenticeship as I’ve discovered I learn more through hands-on practice.
I would just like to thank you and your team for all the amazing work they do, you have provided me with the most invaluable experience which has helped to pave the way of my future. The work you do for young people is incredible!