With the growing number of people needing care or support to ensure their well-being, either in their own homes or a community setting. Health and Social Care is one of the UK’s fastest growing sectors with many rewarding career opportunities. Skills Group will help you realise your career aspirations in Health and Social Care, whether you are interested in care, support, team leading or management.
Our Health & Social Care apprenticeships and full-time programmes have been developed by our industry experts with you in mind to enhance your learning and expand your understanding of the care sector. We work closely with our employers to ensure that you are placed in the role that is right for you, to maximise your potential and help you develop your practical skills.
Click on the ticks below to view full programme information.
Programmes Available Include
|Health & Social Care
|Health Care Support Worker
- Building trusted and valued relationships with colleagues and clients
- Providing a service that is person-centred, includes the client’s choices and promotes inclusion
- Ensuring care needs are met, and recording any changes that impact the well-being of clients
- Understanding the legislation covering care worker standards
- Learn to recognise limitations in mental capacity
- Principles in implementing duty of care in health and social care
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices
Roles in this Sector Include
- Care Assistant
- Social Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Emergency Care Assistant
- Dental Nurse
- Healthcare Worker