Skills Group will help you realise your career aspirations in Engineering, whether you are interested in fabrication and welding, engineering maintenance and installation, mechanical manufacturing or manufacturing operations.
Our industry expert tutors have devised programmes that will provide you with the relevant knowledge to start a career in Engineering, you will gain hands-on experience in our Plympton workshop to help develop your practical skills and prepare you for your work placement.
Click on the ticks below to view full programme information.
Programmes available include
|Engineering Maintenance & Installation
|Fabrication & Welding
|Performing Engineering Operations
|Performing Manufacturing Operations
Depending on your chosen trade, you will learn about
- Specialist hand tools
- Power tools
- Skills in materials, fabrication and measuring devices
- Using and interpreting engineering drawings and documents
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Communication skills
- Making products using computer controlled equipment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using a CAD system
Roles in this sector include
- Engineering operative
- Manufacturing engineer
- CAD technician
- CNC machinist